Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Gloria Casarez (1971-2014) was a prominent community activist and civic leader in the LGBTQ community in Philadelphia. The Gloria Casarez papers are made up of materials produced, collected, and saved by Casarez over the course of her professional career. They are arranged into seven series: 1) Empty the Shelters, 2) Kensington Welfare Rights Union, 3) GALAEI, 4) Miscellaneous, 5) News media, 6) Trophies, awards, and artifacts, and 7) Oversize graphics.
Overview Grassroot Queers was a Philadelphia-based queer activist organization that operated from 1993 through 1999 to fight for equal rights and increased visibility for the LGBTQ community. The Grassroot Queers records, 1993-1997, includes organizational records and ephemera pertaining to their diverse activist efforts and community events.
Joan Fleischmann collection on East Coast Homophile Organizations (ECHO), Eastern Regional Conference of Homophile Organizations (ERCHO), and others
Overview Joan Fleischmann was a homophile and gay liberation activist from late 1950s through the 1990s. The collection contains primarily organizational records collected over several decades by Fleischmann. These organizations include the East Coast Homophile Organizations (ECHO), the Eastern Regional Conference of Homophile Organizations (ERCHO), the Daughter of Bilitis (New York), the Mattachine Society of New York, the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Lesbian and Gay Caucus, as well...
Overview Tommi Avicolli Mecca (b. 1951) is a writer, singer/songwriter, performance artist, and activist. Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Avicolli Mecca was involved in many Philadelphia-area Gay rights organizations. The collection is comprised of six series: 1) Subject files; 2) Gay Activists Alliance (Philadelphia) records; 3) Gay Media Project (Philadelphia) records; 4) Gay Community Center of Philadelphia records; 5) Photographic slides; 6) Audiovisual material.
- Subject: Ephemera X
- East Coast Homophile Organizations. 1
- Eastern Regional Conference of Homophile Organizations 1
- Empty the Shelters (organization) 1
- Fleischmann, Joan, 1933-2013 1
- Gay Activists Alliance (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Gay Community Center of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Gay Media Project (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Gay and Lesbian Latino AIDS Education Initiative (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Grassroot Queers. 1
- Mecca, Tommi Avicolli 1
- Philadelphia Lesbian and Gay Task Force (Pa.) 1
- William Way Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center (Philadelphia, Pa.). 1 ∧ less