Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Officially formed in the spring of 1975, Gays at Drexel was the first gay student group at Drexel University. This small collection is made up correspondence, organizational records, essays, flyers for speakers and events, clippings from the Drexel Triangle and other local newspapers, and a small assortment of brochures, flyers, and records from other groups. Gays at Drexel became inactive in 1977.
Overview Grassroot Queers was a Philadelphia-based queer activist organization that operated from 1993 through 1999 to fight for equal rights and increased visibility for the LGBTQ community. The Grassroot Queers records, 1993-1997, includes organizational records and ephemera pertaining to their diverse activist efforts and community events.
Overview Darrell Keith Griffith (1959-2012) was an AIDS activist and founder of the website CruisingForSex.com. The collection is divided into two series: Personal materials and AIDS activism. The personal materials date from 1983 to 2012, the year of Griffith's death. The series on AIDS activism covers Griffith's years of involvement in the social justice movement, 1985-1992.
Overview Tommi Avicolli Mecca (b. 1951) is a writer, singer/songwriter, performance artist, and activist. Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Avicolli Mecca was involved in many Philadelphia-area Gay rights organizations. The collection is comprised of six series: 1) Subject files; 2) Gay Activists Alliance (Philadelphia) records; 3) Gay Media Project (Philadelphia) records; 4) Gay Community Center of Philadelphia records; 5) Photographic slides; 6) Audiovisual material.
- Subject: Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) X
- ACT UP (Organization) 1
- AIDS Action Pledge (Organization) 1
- Citizens for Medical Justice (Organization) 1
- Drexel University 1
- Fleischer, Gerald, b. 1935 1
- Gay Activists Alliance (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Gay Community Center of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Gay Media Project (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Gays at Drexel (Drexel University) 1
- Grassroot Queers. 1
- Griffith, Darrell Keith, 1959-2012 1
- Kratz, Allen Wesley, b. 1946 1
- Mecca, Tommi Avicolli 1
- National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights (2nd : 1987 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- O'Hara, Scott, 1961-1998 1
- Philadelphia Lesbian and Gay Task Force (Pa.) 1
- William Way Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center (Philadelphia, Pa.). 1 ∧ less