Judy Lashof papers
Scope and Content Note
This collection consists of clippings, newsletters, pamphlets and a few handwritten notes on feminist groups (and a few lesbian or LGBT groups), especially in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- circa 1975-1980
- Lashof, Judy (Person)
Conditions Governing Access Note
Contact John J. Wilcox Jr. LGBT Archives of Philadelphia for information about accessing this collection.
Judy (Judith) Lashof is an educator with a history of activism in lesbian and feminist causes. Her involvement with lesbian and feminist groups began in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the 1970s. In 1983 she co-wrote No Turning Back: Lesbian and Gay Liberation for the '80s with Gerre Goodman, George Lakey, and Erika Thorne (Philadelphia: New Society Publishers). Lashof ran for the Vermont House of Representatives as a Democrat in 2000 but lost the election.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The Judy Lashof papers, circa 1975-1980, consist of clippings and ephemera relating to feminist and LGBT groups in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
Immediate Source of Acquisition Note
Gift of Judy Lashof.
General Physical Description note
1 record carton
Processing Information Note
Summary descriptive information on this collection was compiled in 2011-2012 as part of a pilot project conducted by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to make better known and more accessible the largely hidden collections of small, primarily volunteer run repositories in the Philadelphia area. The Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) was funded by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This is a preliminary finding aid. No physical processing, rehousing, reorganizing, or folder listing was accomplished during the HCI-PSAR project.
In some cases, more detailed inventories or finding aids may be available on-site at the repository where this collection is held; please contact John J. Wilcox Jr. LGBT Archives of Philadelphia directly for more information.
- Judy Lashof papers, circa 1975-1980
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Michael Gubicza through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.