William Way LGBT Community Center periodicals collection
Scope and Contents
The periodicals collection includes LGBT-related newspapers, magazines, journals, newsletters, reviews, comics and other serially-published texts from 1940-present. The collection strives to be comprehensive in coverage of the Philadelphia-area, but includes publications from across the United States and abroad. Subjects covered include activism, athletics, culture, entertainment, gender, health, history, law, literature, news, recreation, religion, politics, pornography, race, sexuality, social services, student life, and more.
350 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Periodicals are arranged alphabetically on this finding aid. Physically, they are divided by format and filed alphabetically by title, with the exception of newsletters, which are filed alphabetically mainly by parent organization. Not included in this finding aid are the archives' serial travel guides.
- William Way LGBT Community Center periodicals collection, 1940-Present
- John F. Anderies, based on Periodical Holdings index created by Bob Skiba, and appended by George C. Dube.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note