Keith Kamm papers
Scope and Content Note
This collection is comprised of materials collected by Kamm relating to censorship in American libraries, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) mental health care, and feminism. The materials include: photocopies of academic articles on censorship from the library at the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Library and Information Science, circa 1950-1969; files on the Persad Center (mental health center for sexual minorities in Pittsburgh); files with articles on subjects including feminism and sexism; and LGBT bibliographies.
- circa 1970s
- Kamm, Keith A., 1947-1993 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access Note
Contact John J. Wilcox Jr. LGBT Archives of Philadelphia for information about accessing this collection.
Keith A. Kamm (1947-1993) was a bibliographer at the Athenaeum of Philadelphia and a gay rights activist.
0.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Keith A. Kamm (1947-1993) was a bibliographer at the Athenaeum of Philadelphia and a gay rights activist. The Keith Kamm papers, circa 1970s, consist of materials relating to LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) issues in libraries, the mental health community, and issues relating to feminism and sexism. This is a convenient collection for studying books relating to LGBT issues in the 1970s.
General Physical Description note
1 record carton
Processing Information Note
Summary descriptive information on this collection was compiled in 2011-2012 as part of a pilot project conducted by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to make better known and more accessible the largely hidden collections of small, primarily volunteer run repositories in the Philadelphia area. The Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) was funded by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This is a preliminary finding aid. No physical processing, rehousing, reorganizing, or folder listing was accomplished during the HCI-PSAR project.
In some cases, more detailed inventories or finding aids may be available on-site at the repository where this collection is held; please contact John J. Wilcox Jr. LGBT Archives of Philadelphia directly for more information.
- Keith Kamm papers, circa 1970s
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Michael Gubicza through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.